Mr coffee 4 cup coffee maker – Mr coffee drx5
Have you ever thought about owning a bigger coffeemaker, but lack the space? Luckily we have found a coffeemaker that is larger than the single-serve variety housed in a machine that takes up very little space in the office or home.
For a family of four, or for someone who likes to treat a couple of friends, the Mr. Coffee 4-cup Programmable Coffeemaker may be a good choice for you.
As a widely respected brand, Mr. Coffee is dedicated to producing good quality, economically priced coffeemakers. It is very popular for people who drink coffee at home. With a time-tested reputation among customers, Mr. Coffee’s products are among the most common in the marketplace.
And the Mr. Coffee 4-cup Programmable Coffeemaker is no exception. (Need more options? You can find some top rated 4-cup coffee makers here.)
Video Review of Mr. Coffee 4 cup coffee maker, DRX5
Main features of Mr coffee DRX5
- With the clear on/off indicator light, it is easy for users to confirm that the machine is plugged into the electricity and whether the power is on or off.
- The filter basket is designed to be removable, so it can be easily lifted out. The removability comes in handy when filling the basket with coffee, as well as for cleaning.
- When the coffeemaker is still brewing, the unit’s pause ’n serve option means that you can interrupt the drip cycle to pour a cup of coffee. The pause feature ensures that coffee doesn’t spill out until the carafe is returned, and you don’t have to wait for that first cup.
- In order to avoid overflowing of the coffee when brewing, the machine’s dual water window is designed to show the amount of water in the reservoir. This makes it convenient to use and to monitor the water level when filling.
- The delay-brew feature lets you program the cycle up to 24 hours in advance. Set the coffeemaker before bed to start brewing before you wake up.
- The coffeemaker automatically shuts off about 60 minutes from the moment the on button is pressed. There’s no need to worry about remaining coffee burning or the unit remaining dangerously hot if you step away or forget to turn off the power.
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Programmable CoffeemakerAlthough the volume of the coffeemaker is a generous 20 ounces (5 cups, 4 oz each), the dimensions of the machine are not large at all. The unit is a compact 9.6” x 7.1” x 10.7” and weighs just 3.2 pounds.
A Few Questions from Customers
Can this unit make one serving of coffee, rather than all 4 cups?
- Yes! All you need to do is adjust the amount of coffee and water for the volume of finished product you want to make. You can even do a half cup if that’s all you want.
Can I use milk instead of water when brewing?
- Only water should be used in this unit. Using milk will void the warranty and cause the heating element to malfunction. Always add milk after the coffee has finished brewing.
Is there any need to purchase a permanent (infinite) coffee filter?
- No, this is an option but not necessary. Standard paper coffee filters fit inside the basket; be sure to buy the 4-cup sized paper filters.
If you want a coffee maker which can keep the coffee warm for hours, you may like a thermal coffee brewer here.
The Mr. Coffee 4-cup Programmable Coffeemaker has been a best-seller in small-sized coffeemakers since it was put on the market.
At time of posting, this unit has well over 3000 customer reviews, and has earned a 4.2 out of 5 star rating. It currently ranks #9 on Amazon in Kitchen & Dining > Coffee, Tea & Espresso > Coffee Machines. All of these factors indicate high consumer confidence in this product.
Most customers have a positive attitude towards this coffeemaker. They speak highly of its good qualities, such as taking up little space, how easy it is to clean, and that it’s good for making delicious coffee. Many users brag about the machine’s delay-brew feature, as well as the machine’s long-lasting quality.
To be honest, there are also some customer complaints about this machine. One common complaint is that the digital clock does not remain precise over time.
From some customers’ review, the clock lags behind and becomes up to 5 minutes late every two weeks. Some users complained that the water reservoir lid doesn’t close securely.
Another complaint is that the coffee produced by this machine tastes like plastic. I highly recommend regular cleaning, brewing one pot of filtered water mixed with a small amount of white vinegar.
Then brew 3 more pots of only water (after the initial vinegar rinse), and the interior will be cleaned naturally. A clean machine results in more consistent flavor. But overall, positive comments outweigh the negative.
If you prefer a coffeemaker for a big family, you probably need to select a 12-cup coffee maker, or perhaps an 8-cup coffeemaker. If you prefer a very quick cup that brews in less 1 minute, you may have interest in a single-serve coffeemaker with K-cup© technology.
Tips for customers
Firstly, it’s important to note that the 4-cup volume is specified as 4 servings that are 5 ounces each, not the liquid measure of 8 ounces per serving. This means that from a full carafe, you will have enough coffee to fill two large mugs at 10 ounces each.
Secondly, this coffee maker allows customers to set brew time in advance up to 24 hours. When users wake up the next morning, they can enjoy a cup of hot and delicious coffee, ready and waiting.
Summary for the Mr. coffee DRX5
If you would like to enjoy a cup of coffee when waking up every morning and don’t want to worry about getting up early to make it, this automatic Mr coffee 4 cup coffee maker— Mr. Coffee DRX5 Programmable Coffeemaker will be a quality choice.